Friday, December 18, 2009

Etaewon, South Korea

We spent our next week in Etaewon a week after our trip from the Philippines. Jesse and the guys had to work at Yongsan Base which is next to Etaewon. Etaewon is one of a big shopping district in Seoul. I spent the days shopping or just browsing or staying indoors because it is cold. One evening Jesse and I took the subway to Coex Mall, one of the biggest Mall In South Korea and it was unbelievable how busy the subway was and the passageways. The passageways was shoulder to shoulder it was packed with people. We didn't do any shopping at the mall, we went to dinner at Todai's. I have been to Todai's in Korea, Honolulu and Phoenix (which closed several years ago). We stayed at Hamilton Hotel. It wasn't too bad, it was better after I asked to be moved to a non-smoking room. The room was very modern, newly renovated. But the guys decided that next time, they are staying at the Marriott even though it is a little far.

Dinner at Todai

This was dinner was on our first night in Etaewon. Jesse had seafood soup while I had chicken soup with Ginseng root. The soup was great and I was having sniffles and I think the soup cleared it. I think it is a whole game hen.
They cut the food for you. She was cutting my chicken into bite pieces.

I was hungry for american food so much and across the hotel was Quiznos. I had turkey sandwich. Yummmmy.
See, this place is so westernized, next door is Coldstone and upstairs is Coffee bean.

Next to the Hamilton Hotel was the indoor shopping area. This is where I spent my time browsing.

More stuff

The Hamilton Hotel

The outside of the shopping center

No comments:

Post a Comment