Friday, October 30, 2009

Kimchee!!!!


Meet my 2 wonderful Korean Lady friends. Meeok, (black hair) she teaches flute and she is a music director. Jung Hee, (brown hair, we call her Sally) she teaches english at her house to elementary children after school. I met them at Uijongbu Baptist Church that Jesse and I attend. The Lord blessed me these wonderful ladies to adjust to life here and they are always there for me. Meeok is the one who introduce me to acupuncture which helped me tremendously with pain management. I could never ask for a better set of friends. Like I said, I am truly blessed.

Making Kimchee

One morning after Bible Study, we went to Sally's house to help her make kimchee.
Napa cabbage soaked in salt for several hours

Chili, garlic, ginger and some other ingredients to add to the cabbage for fermentation.

The kitchen sink is too small to rinse the salted cabbage, guess where we rinse it? If you live in an apartment, I guess the bathroom is sufficient area to do the job. I have heard that some people rinse theirs in a bathtub. Don't worry, Sally has the big plastic containers for rinsing.
I didn't realize there was so much involve in making it. The pictures and video is only a fraction of how to make it. There was so much preparation before you can mix the ingredients. I thought I wanted to learn how, but I will just settle for the bottled one from the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment